Network Automation Engineer
Who We Are:
Stateless is on a mission to reinvent network connectivity. Central to that was our initial innovation, where we demonstrated an ability to efficiently decouple state from processing in network functions—a task previously deemed infeasible in high-performance networking systems. In doing so, we have opened the door for fundamentally changing how networks are built. Now, we are building products around that vision.
Automation and programmatic control of networking systems is a burgeoning field, and this is your chance to join the team leading the revolution of hybrid multi-cloud networks. Stateless is a bleeding-edge company utilizing cutting-edge technology and tools. We are always open to what’s coming next, and in many cases defining what’s coming next.
Who You Are:
What gets you out of bed in the morning is helping organizations build and integrate highly available and scalable infrastructure. You love breaking down the wall between development and operations, and you champion DevOps as a culture. In tough situations, you remain calm, cool, and collected with a “never give up” attitude. In your toolbelt is an accomplished history in network optimization and management combined with hands-on expertise with programming languages and technologies such as Linux, configuration management, container orchestration, and virtualization systems.
We’re open to all levels of experience, so even if you don’t think you hit all of the skills, but are interested, contact us anyway - our core values are centered around a supportive culture and a willingness to learn new things.
What You Will Do:
Stateless lives at the intersection of cloud, distributed systems and software-defined networking; fields with immense potential and a laundry list of novel challenges. This is your chance to join the team leading the revolution! But it is not “just implementation”. That's where you come in!
This role entails development effort to build out multi/hybrid cloud solutions through integrations with cloud providers, network as a service providers, data infrastructure providers. Your day-to-day might look something like this:
- Develop solutions that connect with Network Service Providers to extend Stateless into the public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, or GCP, leveraging native constructs such as AWS Direct Connect and AWS Transit Gateway.
- Leverage customer infrastructure (data center, network, software platforms, security, etc.) in combination with the Stateless software platform to create advanced, automated, & scalable network solutions.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Solid foundation in network protocols, troubleshooting Layers 1-4, BGP routing, packet filters, IPSec, L2 orchestration, and L3/4 Networking.
- Experience in scripting against REST APIs.
- Fluent in scripting languages such as but not limited to bash and Python.
- Experience with some configuration management system (e.g., Ansible, Chef, or Terraform) and/or other automation software (e.g., StackStorm) and Infrastructure as Code tooling (e.g., Pulumi).
- Solid familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with BGP routing design and implementation in a data center context.
These are our nice-to-haves:
- Experience developing and/or deploying applications in the cloud.
- Hyperscale cloud on-ramp automation .
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, including the container network interface (CNI).
- Experience developing and/or deploying applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience configuring or maintaining network switches (e.g. Cumulus Linux, ONL, P4, OpenFlow) and / or firewalls (e.g., Fortinet).
- Computer science background and/or programming experience in higher level languages such as Go and Java.
At Stateless you will make an impact right out of the gate. As a company we are challenging the status quo and as a culture we do the same. We stand for a culture in which we are SUPPORTIVE of one another and committed to team diversity, SINCERE in our communication with our colleagues and customers, STUDIOUS in the way we are serious about and accountable for our work, always STRIVING to improve, and ultimately STATELESS where we are willing to adapt as needed.
We take care of you here at Stateless. We offer remote working, unlimited PTO, and contribute 100% of health, dental, and vision premium. Stateless is a Techstars Boulder company with strong venture funding.
This is your opportunity to join a highly collaborative environment as part of an innovative, tight-knit team of talented individuals bringing an amazing new product to market. We are already well on our way and are navigating deep into uncharted networking waters. Join us on this transformational networking journey!