VP of Software Engineering
Our Mission at Scythe
VP of Software
We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented technical leader to spearhead software development at Scythe. From setting strategy and driving progress to galvanizing and growing a top-notch team, this Scyther will chart the course and execute plans that result in outstanding team and product performance. We have a highly collaborative culture, so we need a leader who can inspire innovation and facilitate engagement across both the software team and the company at large.
You'll evolve and refine existing processes while introducing new best practices informed by your expertise. We expect you to be able to “see around corners,” thrive in leading a fast-paced, self-managed engineering environment, and be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Lead all aspects of software development at Scythe, delivering reliable, high-performance software across our robot, cloud, and mobile platforms and beyond
- Provide technical leadership ranging from long-term strategy formulation to rolling up your sleeves, digging in and unblocking your team
- Grow and nurture a high-performance software team with a human-centric leadership style that brings the best out of its members
- Identify, develop and execute excellent software practices that help Scythe's software engineering team scale and continue improving
- Participate in the Scythe leadership team as a company leader, representing the interests and knowledge of software engineering and helping to plot the best course of action for Scythe as a whole
- Continue to grow a talented team of software engineers who are building the future of offroad automation
What you know well
- Development of robots and/or autonomous systems
- Full stack software development processes from firmware through the cloud
- Engineering leadership and management at a scaling company
- Exceptional communication skills across written, verbal, and in-person presenting to engage and lead a hybrid audience
- Effective hybrid work environments: we're a mix of on-site, nearby, fully remote, and distributed offices that need to be led as one team
- Working from Colorado: while the team will be hybrid, we know there's huge value to having our engineering leadership be able to be hands-on frequently
What you’ve maybe done
- Founded your own robotics, or adjacent, company
- New Product Introduction and partnering with manufacturing to bring and scale a product in the market
- Experience with the landscaping industry or other outdoor power equipment markets
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The VP of Software position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $200,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.