Laboratory Assistant (Part-Time)
InnerPlant is the place for curious people who want to create innovative traits that harness plant physiology and unlock data at scale to boost global agricultural yields and sustainability. We’re backed by industry giant John Deere and other veteran venture capitalists and are poised for massive growth as we reimagine the role of crops in our farming system, developing crops that can tell us what they need by turning plants into Living Sensors.
If you’re a dreamer and optimist, someone who believes they can change the world and want to take action to leave a positive lasting impact - this is the opportunity for you.
We are seeking a part-time Laboratory Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for general lab maintenance including cleaning and sanitizing laboratory glassware, dishes, and other equipment to ensure safe and efficient laboratory operations; as well as maintaining our greenhouse and growth chambers.
This is a part-time position. The ideal candidate will be available to work up to 30 hours per week. Weekend, evening, and morning availability is preferred.
- Plant care in Greenhouse and growth chamber (watering, planting, soil preparation, plant trimming)
- Seed extraction and processing or tomato, soybean and Arabidopsis
- Cleaning of glassware and lab materials
- General lab maintenance such as waste disposal
- Collection of tissue samples
- Plant measurements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a laboratory, industrial dishwashing setting, or greenhouse preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Humor, humility, and positive work ethic
Working at InnerPlant
The US base salary range for this position is $16 - $20 per hour. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
InnerPlant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.