Manufacturing Engineer Intern - Summer 2024
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
A key element of AGILE’s spacecraft engines are metal 3D printed engine components that take advantage of the design space and materials currently available with additive manufacturing. These injectors require testing for quantitative and qualitative assessment, comparison of that data with hot-fire test data, and evaluation of processes and techniques to improve the features of the injectors. After testing the injectors frequently require design updates to be the most effective. AGILE embraces a hardware-rich and hot-fire heavy development approach to make new rocket engines on fast timelines and you will play a key role as a member of the propulsion development team.
- Project assignment will be matched to the intern's specific skills and interests.
- Mentorship in the build, test, and operation of hypergolic thrusters.
- Familiarization with manufacturing practices.
- Work one on one with a mentor in your discipline.
- Before the internship concludes, the intern will present an Exit Presentation, outlining the incoming objective, experiences learned along the way, and summarizing progress on the project.
- Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful in this internship you should have a basic understanding of general engineering principles and hands-on hardware experience.
Familiarity with rocket test operations, additive manufacturing, welding, machining, procurement, or manufacturing experience will be considered favorably when reviewing applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Works as a competent member of the team, and willingly provides back-up support for coworkers when appropriate.
- Able to maintain confidential information for the company and within regulatory guidelines required
- Reliable commute to ensure punctual attendance to every scheduled workday
- Show up to work consistently and on time
- US Citizenship
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $21 - $25/hr
Students joining Agile through our internship program will receive the opportunity to attend presentations from company leaders, social and networking events, as well as professional and personal development trainings. Interns are also eligible for paid company holidays. Agile offers 10 paid holidays per year.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.