Facilities and Grounds Technician
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Agile is seeking a Facility and Grounds Technician to manage and maintain all of our locations. This position is responsible for proper maintenance and upkeep of all office and test site buildings, grounds, and equipment. They are to ensure that all facilities are kept in good repair, are functioning properly, and provide a safe environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform cleaning duties including but not limited to; empty wastebaskets and transport trash and recycled materials to disposal area, vacuum, sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors; and clean carpet, upholstered furniture
- Monitor landscapes for pests (weeds, insects and diseases) and inform supervisor of concerns.
- Ensure proper care of assigned tools and equipment, perform maintenance on small equipment and notify appropriate personnel of need for tool, equipment or vehicle maintenance service or repairs.
- Perform snow and ice removal using ATV’s with plows, Out-front plows, blowers, shovels, ice scrappers, de-icing salt, etc.
- Recommend, develop, and perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Install, connect and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers using hand tools
- Order parts and supplies as required; maintain stock and inventory control.
- Maintain SDS regulatory books.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with, but not limited to, state and local authorities related to OSHA, DOT, ADA and fire district regulations, etc.
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
- Performing minor repairs on equipment and building structures.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and kitchen
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Examines the property to remove litter, debris, and other items ensuring the area is always clean and orderly
- Communicate effectively within the Engineering Department and with other departments regarding progress of work orders and outstanding maintenance issues.
- Maintain tools in a neat and organized fashion ensuring that the tools are properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- At least one year of previous experience in a similar position
- Able to effectively communicate in English both written and oral forms. Bilingual Spanish is also preferred.
- Able to self-direct work
- Computer skills such as MS Outlook
- Valid Colorado driver license with a safe driving record preferred.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Criminal Background Check required for hire.
- Pre-employment Drug Screening: As part of our hiring process, we may require pre-employment drug testing. This is to ensure a safe and drug-free work environment for all employees. The drug test may involve screening for commonly abused substances, including but not limited to cocaine, amphetamines, opioids, and alcohol. By applying for this position, you acknowledge and consent to the possibility of undergoing a drug test as a condition of employment.
- Working knowledge of the use and care of basic hand tools and other equipment used in facility and grounds maintenance.
- Previous Forklift experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments
- Seeks to constantly improve and optimize facilities
In performing the work for this position, the technician must be able to:
- Work may involve crawling, squatting, reaching, laying, standing on a ladder and reaching over your head, moving residential and commercial appliances into place, etc.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
- Stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending the legs.
- Withstand exposure to constant or intermittent high noise levels
Work Environment & Conditions
- Work indoors and/or outdoors in inclement weather.
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required including: Hearing protection, Safety glasses, Safety shoes (varies based on tasks)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Durango, CO
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Range: $18 - $25 an hour
- May be required to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and be on snow watch as well as work shifts deviating from this position’s normal work days and/or with other work groups.
Hourly Rate for this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and will be compared with internal equity along with market data for this position. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus through the company bonus program. This position may also be eligible to receive a Relocation bonus, payable as a taxable lump sum, in accordance with the Agile Relocation Policy.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.