Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Description of the Position
We are seeking a highly skilled Test Engineer to join our team in the exciting field of in-space propulsion. In this role, you will be responsible for managing test planning needs and execution, risk identification and mitigation, hardware integration for test campaigns, post-test inspections, decontamination and general program execution support. Your work will be critical to ensuring the safety and success of our missions.
If you are passionate about space exploration, have a strong technical background and are willing to take on the challenges of a dynamic testing environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform test setup, execution, hardware inspections, leak checks and troubleshooting
- Perform functions in daily test operations supporting engine testing, building of new test stand facilities, and modifying and retrofitting existing test stands
- Specify and install instrumentation on test assets for data acquisition
- Strong understanding of data acquisition systems (hardware and software)
- Create documentation including test procedures, interface definitions, and work instructions. Keep Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams up to date.
- Utilize ION First Resonance software for hardware/process tracking
- Fabrication, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
- Propellant feed system panels and tubing
- Helium and nitrogen systems including liquid nitrogen vaporization
- Installation/uninstallation of engine hardware from test stand
- Decontamination of hardware
- Perform system level troubleshooting and maintenance of test stand equipment and hardware
- Ensure that all engine test stand related equipment and services are performed safe and timely manner to keep up with high test cadence
- Proactively perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Disassemble and precision clean of valves, regulators, and other components
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of consumables, tooling, and equipment
- Maintain accurate records of work performed (work orders and MOCs)
- Manage maintenance and overhaul planning and execution, including coordinating staffing, budget, and schedule needs with other teams
- Contribute engineering and management expertise in the area of engineering design, development, and test of propulsion systems
- Work with program management to ensure team has technical understanding of test assets, operations and safety training, etc.
- Work with systems engineers to develop vehicle and test stand requirements and maintain appropriate documentation
- Support project management by providing task lists and task dependencies, estimating labor and material cost requirements
- Follow safety procedures and protocols when working with propellant systems and supporting utilities
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in mechanical or aerospace engineering (or related technical field of study)
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working in a test environment for thrusters with leadership experience
- Hands on fabrication and maintenance skills
- Preferred experience with vacuum systems
- Familiarity with CAD applications
- Strong computer skills including: MS Suite, Jira etc.
- Proven understanding of liquid propulsion concepts and testing methods
- Experience with hypergolic propellants or experience working around toxic chemicals
- Specific experience with hypergolic propellant material compatibility
- In depth understanding of mechanical systems and principles with the ability to troubleshoot equipment/systems that are new or unknown
- Familiarity with test equipment and instrumentation
- Thorough understanding of fluid mechanics concepts
- General understanding of data acquisition systems, sensors, and effectors
- Familiarity with pneumatics/gas systems
- High attention to detail and ability to improve defined processes
- Ability to work while wearing a respirator (SCBA) for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment with changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation
- Ability to mentor less experienced teammates on technical concepts
- High attention to detail and ability to improve defined processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities
In performing the work for this position, the technician must be able to:
- Sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Walk for reasonable distances in performing the work.
- Lift / carry objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Pull or push objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
- Stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending the legs.
- Withstand exposure to constant or intermittent high noise levels
Work Environment & Conditions
The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required while performing certain tasks :
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection (varies based on tasks)
- Safety shoes
- SCBA (respirator)
Employment Type: Exempt
Salary: $ 100,000 - $150,000
- Occasional overtime/holidays to meet business needs
Salary Range for this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and will be compared with internal equity along with market data for this position. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus through the company bonus program. This position may also be eligible to receive a Relocation bonus, payable as a taxable lump sum, in accordance with the Agile Relocation Policy.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Durango, CO
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
Company stock options
Employee referral program
Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
Company get-together and team outings
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process or the recruiting process, please submit a request to email@example.com.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.