Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Description of the Position
Agile is seeking a Senior Machinist to support the production of rocket engines at our manufacturing center in Durango, Colorado. In this role, you will work with our Manufacturing Director to maintain the facilities support the machining, assembly, and delivery of high-quality rocket hardware for in-space propulsion and R&D applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate lathes, mills, and surface grinders
- Perform inspections using metrology equipment
- Provide feedback on engineering drawings to improve machinability
- Maintain equipment
- Assemble hardware as needed
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Basic Troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling
- Working both independently and collaboratively within a team of individual contributors to enable every member to succeed in their respective tasks
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Lead, train, or mentor others by providing regular technical direction and oversight on machine tools, controllers and manufacturing processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of machining experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to self-direct work
- Computer skills such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience with CNC or conversational machines
- Proficiency with CAD and CAM
- Experience with machining forged, cast, or 3D printed parts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments
- Seeks to constantly improve and optimize facilities
In performing the work for this position, the technician must be able to:
- Sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Walk for reasonable distances in performing the work.
- Lift / carry objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Pull or push objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
- Stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending the legs.
- Withstand exposure to constant or intermittent high noise levels
Work Environment & Conditions
The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required including:
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection (varies based on tasks)
- Safety shoes
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Salary: $36 - $48 an hour
- Occasional overtime to meet business needs
Hourly Rate for this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and will be compared with internal equity along with market data for this position. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus through the company bonus program. This position may also be eligible to receive a Relocation bonus, payable as a taxable lump sum, in accordance with the Agile Relocation Policy.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Durango, CO
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
Company stock options
Employee referral program
Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
Company get-together and team outings
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process or the recruiting process, please submit a request to email@example.com.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.