Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Description of the Position
As a Quality Control Inspector, you'll be using your skills and expertise to ensure that our incoming parts, in-process production, and shipped product fulfill all quality requirements. You'll be responsible for inspecting our materials, parts, documentation, and products at different stages of production. You will measure parts using standard inspection equipment. You will record observations and will make recommendations for improving processes. You'll inspect for mechanical, electrical and material nonconformances. You will ensure product compliance documentation is complete and accurate. You'll apply, revise, and maintain our quality standards for receiving, in-process and final inspection.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and typically 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Excellent team player that will interact in harmony with the rest of the organization and will actively work to support the team where needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
- Personal commitment to attention to detail and delivering conforming products to our customers.
- Experience with finished goods inspection using measurement equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret technical schematics and drawings
- Ability to draft and update inspection work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Experience working to ensure conformance to quality standards (examples could include ISO 9000, AS9100, J-STD, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize a computer. Familiar with Microsoft Office applications and other work-related software.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and commitments with limited or no supervision.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize tasks; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable with change and growth to embrace new techniques as they emerge and upgrade skills to grow professionally along with our business needs.
- Ability to maintain a positive Company image and brand, both at and outside of the work environment.
- US CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
- Previous use of and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) or a willingness to learn
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Salary: $ 24.39 – $33.54/hr
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Durango, CO
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
Company stock options
Employee referral program
Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
Company get-together and team outings
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Something looks off?