Propulsion Design Engineer
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is seeking a propulsion design engineer who will be part of the axial thrusters group developing a main engine for a lunar landing program. This role has continued involvement throughout the iterative design-manufacture-test-analyze process over the entirety of program lifecycle; from the first early learning prototypes hot-fired to the flight hardware that will lunar landing. You will be a key member of the program team, working closely with the cross-functional group that is designing, manufacturing, testing, and analyzing this thruster.
- Perform mechanical design and modelling propulsion components to meet requirements.
- Conduct analysis of components and subsystems.
- Create engineering drawings and manufacturing planning for components.
- Practice critical problem solving, task prioritization, and thorough analysis
- Iterate engine/feature designs using simulated and real-world test data
- B.S. or advanced degree in related engineering or technical field
- Demonstrated experience working with or designing liquid rocket engines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in a high cadence environment
- Proficient with CAD (SolidWorks preferred), or other design and analysis software
- Multi-disciplined engineer confident working through ambiguity and uncertainty across complex assignments
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Experience leading the end-to-end design and production of propulsion systems
- Proficiency in ANSYS
- Experience developing and working with chemical propulsion systems
- Experience in designing for advanced materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience with regenerative cooling rocket propulsion systems
- Experience with rocket engine injectors
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Durango, CO
Remote: Negotiable on a case by case basis
The salary range for this position is $85,000-$110,000
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Something looks off?